Ramanujan Junior College, founded in 2005 is bragged with the motto – “Education, Development and Progress” along with a long-cherished desire to impart quality education. The emphasis is laid on the success in a competitive educational field. Its ultimate goal is to pave the way for molding a splendid career. Primarily the college was started as a coaching institute named “Ramanujan Academy” in 2003. It is worthwhile to mention that the academy achieved an immense response from the sources concerned and later on it was decided to give birth to a junior college named Ramanujan Junior College, comprising both science and arts stream, in the year 2005. Now, Ramanujan is on dual service – Ramanujan Junior College and Ramanujan Academy. Both are co-educational.
Objectives of the College :
The term “Quality Education” comprises ‘the wider of sense’ of education. In response to this view, the emphasis is desired to be laid on the following –
1) To enable the students to understand the basic concept of core subjects.
2) To equip and guide the students to apply the basic concept acquired from knowledge. through intensive and extensive coaching in each subject by permanent and qualified faculties and thereby enabling the student to prepare for the all India level competitive examinations such as IIT, AIEEE, CBSE-PMT, CEE (JAT-MET)etc. with a different approach under the present educational scenario.
3) To enable the students to acquire the skill of problem analysis in an examination environment and to ensure their optimum all-around performance.
4) Regular interaction with guardians by the management for monitoring the student and faculty relationship in the best interest of the student.
5) The committed and qualified faculty working on a permanent basis will conduct periodical tests to help the students to be mentally alert and emotionally balanced to face the toughest of all entrance examinations with confidence in future.
6) To provide moral education with a view to preparing the students to face real-life situations.
Eligibility For admission :
Applicants who have passed H.S.L.C. examination (SEBA) with minimum 75% aggregate marks are eligible for admission in Science stream. Those who have Advance Maths in H.SL.C will be given preference and for CBSE – CGPA 9.0 required. For Arts Stream (SEBA) with minimum 50% and CBSE – CGPA 7.0
Combination Of Subjects :
A) SCIENCE STREAM English, MIL(Assamese, Alt. English, Bengali & Hindi), Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science.
B) ARTS STREAM
English, MIL(Assamese, Alt. English, Bengali & Hindi), Economics, Political Science, Education, Logic & Philosophy, Sociology, Advance Assamese, Sanskrit, Geography, History.
The admission will be given on merit basis only. The college authority reserves the right of admission where the seat is limited. 1. Students seeking admission to the college shall have to apply in the prescribed form available with the prospectus. 2. The completely filled-up forms must be submitted to the college office on or before the date as notified by the college authority.
» Well trained, qualified & dedicated staff.
» Hostel facilities available for boys and girls.
» Focus on all-round growth and development (Physical, Mental & Spiritual.)
» Enhancement of the sense of duty.
» Forming correct attitudes such as Nationalism, Liberalism, Rationalism etc.
» Library & fully equipped Lab. Stress on Moral Education & character building.
» Turning your child into an ideal citizen having the qualities of love, tolerance, harmony & service.
* Students belonging to SC/ST/OBC communities are eligible for scholarships from the Govt. of Assam.
* Students secured 80% or above in H.S. final examination are eligible for merit scholarship from the Govt. of India. Rs. 10,000/- per year and it will continue for further studies if they secure 60% or above in the final exam.